Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 07:35:30AM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> Adrian Bunk <bunk@debian.org> writes:
>
> > "upload the alpha release at the start of the freeze" - seriously?
> > It is pretty clear what kind of answer you would have gotten from
> > the release team.
>
> I don't think anybody here can talk on behalf of the release team. To do
> so is speculation.

The release team has a freeze policy.

> Why not ask the release time?
>
> (Ok, right now before an pending release may not be the best of times
> however.)

Better do this before anyone has the crazy idea of uploading Django 2.0
to unstable...

Since both Django and Debian have a 2 year schedule the situation
regarding Django 2.2 LTS and buster is exactly the same as the
situation regarding Django 1.11 LTS and stretch at the time when
Django 1.9 was uploaded to unstable:

The first release from Django 2.2 LTS and Debian buster are both
expected to be released in April 2019.[1]

A "no" from the release team to Django 2.2 LTS in buster would
confirm my statement that the release team would have answered
the same regarding Django 1.11 LTS in stretch at the time when
Django 1.9 was uploaded to unstable - it is the same question
with 2 years offset.

cu
Adrian

[1] buster release date is approximate, based on the announced
    December 2018 hard freeze date

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed