Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Just for the record, the very first Jessie backport of Django (version
1.8.7-2~bpo8+1) had this in the changelog message:

   * Rebuild for jessie-backports. Django 1.8 is an LTS version that I'd
     like to maintain in jessie-backports (even though Django 1.9 is on
     its way to testing).

I am not trying to argue that this was (or was not) a good way of
bringing this to the attention of the backport team. I have no idea even
if this version was manually checked.

Rather I just wanted to highlight an event that did happen, and is
somewhat relevant to the discussions in this thread.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>