Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

   Hi,

* Brian May <bam@debian.org> [2017-05-26 09:29:00 CEST]:
> Just for the record, the very first Jessie backport of Django (version
> 1.8.7-2~bpo8+1) had this in the changelog message:
>
>    * Rebuild for jessie-backports. Django 1.8 is an LTS version that I'd
>      like to maintain in jessie-backports (even though Django 1.9 is on
>      its way to testing).
>
> I am not trying to argue that this was (or was not) a good way of
> bringing this to the attention of the backport team. I have no idea even
> if this version was manually checked.
>
> Rather I just wanted to highlight an event that did happen, and is
> somewhat relevant to the discussions in this thread.

 If you consider it somewhat relevant you are arguing that it was a way
to bring it to the attention of the backports team.  No, it isn't, the
changelog is not a communication channel.

 And at that time we didn't had the policy queue in place yet.  If this
would have been communicated directly to us we might have found a
solution, and actually: at that time it was very possible to keep/have
1.8 still there for stretch.  So it is relevant in the sense that the
maintainers chose actively to not have an LTS release for a stable
release, at a point where the timeframe did allow proper discussion and
solution finding of the issue.

Rhonda