Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Thorsten Glaser <t.glaser@tarent.de> writes:

> But that’s probably still RC (I’d personally consider it thus)
> because a failing postinst during a dist-upgrade from oldstable
> to stable can leave the system in a state that is hard to recover
> from (e.g. you can’t fix the problem because something you need
> to fix it is unconfigured or has its dependencies removed).

Don't forgot though that this is only one application that uses
Django. They are many more applications that use Django in Debian
without any problems.

Hence I disagree this is a RC bug in *Django*.

Or rather, if it came to a case of dropping packages from Stretch,
should we:

a) Drop Django and every other package that depends on Django?

OR

b) Drop only the package that fails to upgrade correctly?

I vote B.

Anyway, in case there is concern this bug is not being taken seriously,
I have now forwarded to Django upstream.

I also believe there should be an easy work around - but not yet had
time to test this myself.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>