Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Thu, 25 May 2017 12:24:56 +0000
Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 01:23:18PM +0200, Rhonda D'Vine wrote:
> > > lava-server in stretch does work with 1.10 but without 1.8, I
> > > cannot successfully upgrade the version of lava-server in jessie
> > > to the version of lava-server in stretch.
>
> this affects like how many users? 23? 42? less?

That's not the point, it prevents any new users from installing LAVA
from jessie when stretch has not yet been released.

Also, define users - if you are simply counting installations then it
isn't that many. Those installations serve thousands of users in the
kernel community and silicon vendors across the world. (This is what I
mean when I moan that Debian is not always helpful to software as a
service.)

Taking those instances offline causes direct harm to kernel development
in mainline as well as for upcoming new boards, including IoT. The
services using the instances are themselves growing and adding new
instances which will be artificially difficult with 1.10 in
jessie-backports.

--

Neil Williams