Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On May 25, 2017 8:05:50 AM EDT, Rhonda D'Vine <rhonda@deb.at> wrote:
>* Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> [2017-05-25 13:45:35 CEST]:
>> If we care about this user code (and I think we should), then Django
>> 1.10 in backports is a non-starter.  If we don't care about user code
>> then the python-django package isn't something I would ever
>recommend.
>
> If the packagers cared about user code (and I think they should), then
>we would have Django 1.8 in stretch?

Possibly true, but unless you have a time machine, irrelevant.

I'm not a python-django maintainer so whatever mistakes they may have have made, it wasn't me who did it.

We should be smarter for Buster, but for Jessie and Stretch, we're stuck.  Please let's work together to resolve this and not fall back on "they screwed up, so it's not my problem".

Scott K