Re: samba 4.4.5 backports

Hi Louis,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:20:01AM +0200, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Im ready to upload samba and its needed dependecies to jessie backports.
> Samba 4.4.5 amd64 and i386
>
> I need a sponser to start with.
Thanks for working on backports of the Samba packages.

The Samba packaging team is quite low on resources at the moment. We
are barely able to keep the regular packages in unstable, testing and
stable up to date at the moment. E.g. stable still needs a new version
that fixes some of the regressions introduced by the recent large
security release.

Before we take on more packages (that will also need to e.g. receive
security fixes), we should make sure we can handle the current load.

See also https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=814382, if
you're interested in helping out.

> Before i upload all of these packages can someone have a peek here:
> https://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/samba-4.4.5/
>
> Build logs etc all is there and tell me if these are ok to upload and if i didnt miss anything.
>
> I build packages some time, but this would be my first official upload.

> Jelmer, i saw your dutch, hope thats correct and i need someone to sign my gpg key.
>
> If you want, i can meet you anywhere you want in the netherlands, so i can show my ident and get my gpg key signed.
I am indeed Dutch, though I am no longer living in the Netherlands.
There are other developers based there that should be able to help get
your key signed though - e.g. there is a Debian birthday party in
August [1]

Cheers,

Jelmer

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-events-nl/2016/07/msg00000.html