Re: Latest qt4 backports break bpo qtcreator and wireshark

Hi

>You don't need backport's qt4 in order to get virtualbox from bpo, just
>downgrade qtchooser and qt4 to their jessie versions and download virtualbox
>from bpo.
>
>Kinds regards, Lisandro.

He was talking about virtualbox 5.1, that is the newly built version against
qt5 stack.
What I don't understand is why he needs qt5 from backports, because jessie
has already a qt5 stack.
Note: I'm doing right now experimental builds of virtualbox for Debian,
but I don't think I will upload on unstable the new version, because I'm not
completely happy with it.

If you want to checkout the virtualbox.git packaging, and try to build from experimental branch in
a clean jessie machine I think you can have your vbox 5.1, or just stop using backports until
they are fully updated.

cheers,

G.