Re: Removal of obsolete OpenStack source packages from bpo

Hi Thomas,

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 02:11:08AM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Ok, let me disclose a bit of what I do. :)
> Sorry for the length of my reply.

thanks for sharing, that was an interesting read!

> So, I am 100% sure that all packages can be rebuilt (and that all build
> dependency are there), and that they work as the environment shouldn't
> be much different from what my Jenkins does (same source, rebuilt in
> Jessie as well). What I'm not sure is if there is a missing runtime
> dependency missing somewhere in jessie-backports.

piuparts.d.o already does installation tests for jessie-backports, see
https://piuparts.debian.org/jessie2bpo/

(which is not testing for runtime dependencies but only installation
dependencies, but AIUI you that's better than what you currently have /
are aware of?! :)

--
cheers,
	Holger