Re: LXC backport for jessie?

On 03/25/2016 02:33 PM, Evgeni Golov wrote:
>> I also checked and you can get unprivileged containers to work under
>> a normal user, but it is not completely trivial, but that isn't
>> specific to backports, there is no difference to Stretch there; I'll
>> write something up here once the package is uploaded.
>
> As soon we have lxcfs 2.0 in Debian this will be easier.
> apt-get install libpam-cgfs and relogin.

Nice. :)

>> Ah, I didn't know that existed. I'll click on "request to join" and
>> reference this email.
>
> Funny, I do not see your request in the UI.
> What's your Alioth login?

You were too fast, I probably clicked it after you looked at the web
interface. You should see it now, but just in case: chris_se-guest.

>> Are there any plans to move that the packaging to git? I think
>> that would make maintaining the package (and also e.g. backports)
>> quite a bit easier.
>
> Like this: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-lxc/? :)

*self-facepalm*

To my defense, I tried to look for a repository but got the URI
wrong. ;-)

In that case, once I'm added, it's probably better for me to create a
debian/jessie-backports branch and for you to sponsor that instead of
just using the mentors package, so that a proper history can be
preserved?

Since I also created the wheezy backport, I should also create a
branch  for that?

Regards,
Christian