Re: LXC backport for jessie?

On 03/25/2016 01:46 PM, Evgeni Golov wrote:
>> On 03/05/2016 11:30 AM, Bogdan wrote:
>>> Would someone be interested in creating such a backport?
>>
>> Since I maintain the LXC 1.0 backport from Jessie to Wheezy, I'd also
>> be interested in backporting LXC 1.1 from Stretch to Jessie. I did
>> have this on my radar, but wanted to wait a bit until LXC 1.1 settles
>> a bit in testing. But since it's been in testing for nearly a month
>> now without any major issues (only reported bug in 1.1 that doesn't
>> also affect 1.0 is #813954, and that's a documentation issue), I'll
>> prepare the backport.
>
> Thanks for taking care of this!

I uploaded a backport to Debian mentors, see:

http://mentors.debian.net/package/lxc

I did mention that to Antonio on IRC a while back, but he was away
at that time and apparently his client didn't forward the messages
properly, because I didn't hear anything back.

Anyway, would you sponsor the package? There were no changes to the
Stretch version, it builds just fine under Jessie.

I also checked and you can get unprivileged containers to work under
a normal user, but it is not completely trivial, but that isn't
specific to backports, there is no difference to Stretch there; I'll
write something up here once the package is uploaded.

> Would you also be interested in helping maintaining the LXC stack in unstable?

Sure.

> If so: https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-lxc/ :)

Ah, I didn't know that existed. I'll click on "request to join" and
reference this email.

Are there any plans to move that the packaging to git? I think
that would make maintaining the package (and also e.g. backports)
quite a bit easier.

Regards,
Christian

[1] http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/170998/how-to-create-user-cgroups-with-systemd