Re: Backports Instructions refer to "http.debian.net"

* Dmitry Smirnov <onlyjob@debian.org> [2016-02-26 19:27:30 CET]:
> On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 05:15:15 PM Tristan Seligmann wrote:
> > httpredir.debian.org seems to be unmaintained,
>
> Unfortunately your information is incorrect. http://httpredir.debian.org/ is
> the official (non-experimental) and maintained sevice. Try opening those URLs
> in browser to get more information. See also
>
>     https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2015/05/msg00003.html

 Unfortunately your information though is outdated.  That announce is 10
months old, and I've with no response tried to get feedback over to
raphael every now and then when someone reported issues with it, which
happens every now and then.

> > and often sends me to non-working mirrors.
>
> Why not submit a bug report?

 See above.  And stating that's "not six months yet" is not really a
helpful in the light of that it's unmaintained since that time.

 Besides, http.debian.net *is* httpredir.debian.org, there's no
difference between those.  And as long as the status is unclear and
keeps unclear it doesn't make any difference which of the two names are
in there ...  I'm much more for switching to deb.debian.org than
exchanging the name for the same service given that the testing goes
well.

 So long,
Rhonda