Re: Fwd: jessie backport for Wordpress
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Fwd: jessie backport for Wordpress
- From: Rhonda D'Vine <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 09:41:43 +0200
- Message-id: <20150706074143.GA29254@anguilla.debian.or.at>
- In-reply-to: <20150626154436.GA9029@sdfg.com.ar>
- References: <8705362.uZbQRFYBJ2@merkaba> <email@example.com> <1470779.1t5YRL8Qhf@merkaba> <20150603152455.GA2440@anguilla.debian.or.at> <20150604192410.GA28395@sdfg.com.ar> <20150610152519.GB16679@sdfg.com.ar> <20150612110304.GD8161@enc.com.au> <20150612151714.GA7528@sdfg.com.ar> <20150617165648.GB13062@sdfg.com.ar> <20150626154436.GA9029@sdfg.com.ar>
* Rodrigo Campos <firstname.lastname@example.org> [2015-06-26 17:44:36 CEST]:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 05:56:48PM +0100, Rodrigo Campos wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 04:17:14PM +0100, Rodrigo Campos wrote:
> > > On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 09:03:05PM +1000, Craig Small wrote:
> > > > I'm happy to work with Rodrigo or others on the backports. I think
> > > > there has been confusion about what the current state of the various
> > > > versions of wordpress but the more the merrier I think.
> > >
> > > Great, thanks! I've created the package with cowbuilder, just added myself to
> > > the Uploaders field in debian/control and added a changelog entry with "dch
> > > --bpo".
> > >
> > > Any comments on the package ? Or is it ready for inclussion in jessie backports ? :)
> > >
> > > I'm using it in production without any problems :)
> > Ping ?
> > Not sure what the next step should be. Craig ? Rhonda ?
> Sorry to disturb again. But is there a concensus to accept a WP package in
> backports ?
We can't accept anything that isn't uploaded. That said, I might still
have a bad feeling due to the history of the package both in backports
and security wise, but I'm willing to give it a try as long as I have
the feeling that the people who want it are also willing to do the work
for the longer run, not just temporarily.
> If so, what is the next step ? Is the current package I did not following some
> desired rule or something ?
Personally, and frankly spoken, I didn't look at it because I won't
sponsor it myself.
Fühlst du dich mutlos, fass endlich Mut, los |
Fühlst du dich hilflos, geh raus und hilf, los | Wir sind Helden
Fühlst du dich machtlos, geh raus und mach, los | 23.55: Alles auf Anfang
Fühlst du dich haltlos, such Halt und lass los |