Fuse module doesn't work in Wheezy

Hello,
I'm not sure if this is the proper mail list I should send this because
even if I run Wheezy stable (3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.51-1 x86_64
GNU/Linux), I have backports and in my source file and many proprietary
stuff installed. Sorry in advance I am sending this to the wrong list.

My problem is related any ntfs partitions I try to mount:

Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 21: ERROR: could not insert
'fuse': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
fuse: device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first

dmseg shows:

ERROR: could not insert 'fuse': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown
parameter (see dmesg)

and dmesg:

fuse: Unknown symbol nosteal_pipe_buf_ops (err 0)

I've read https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2014/05/msg00354.html but
in my case the only difference is that rebooting doesn't make it work:

ii  fuse           2.9.0-2+deb7 amd64
ii  libfuse2:amd64 2.9.0-2+deb7 amd64
ii  linux-image-3. 3.2.63-2+deb amd64
ii  linux-image-am 3.2+46       amd64
ii  sshfs          2.4-1        amd64

It looks like, for some reason, the fuse module doesn't load. Although as seen above, it's present:

modprobe fuse
ERROR: could not insert 'fuse': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

rmmod fuse
Error: Module fuse is not currently loaded

insmod fuse
Error: could not load module fuse: No such file or directory

lsmod | grep fuse
shows nothing

I've run out of ideas (apart from reinstalling, that is just a bad idea) and in the Debian forum http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=118816
nobody has been able to assist me. Anybody here would be so kind to have a look into this?

Thanks,
Enrique.