Re: [stable] OpenGL problem:bay trail

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 09:48:18PM +0530, dE wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've a bay trail processor with HD graphics.
>
> I've enabled hardware Firefox hardware acceleration (downloaded from
> Mozilla) but it's extremely slow; not at par to this graphics chip.
>
> Even the GTK UI and scrolling is slow at 1024x768 resolution.
>
> I thought this was an upstream problem, but it works fine with
> Fedora 20 which uses 3.15 kernel.
>
> I'm using backproted 3.16 kernel.
>
> Any suggestions/hints?

Bay Trail graphics aren't well-supported without a very recent
X server: see
https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/2014/2014q2-intel-graphics-stack-release

Even the one in wheezy-backports:
xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.21.15-2~bpo70+1

is probably not going to be particularly fast. But it's your
best hope.

-dsr-