Re: Fuse module doesn't work in Wheezy

On 20/11/14 20:06, Enrique wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the proper mail list I should send this because
> even if I run Wheezy stable (3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.51-1 x86_64
> GNU/Linux), I have backports and in my source file and many proprietary
> stuff installed. Sorry in advance I am sending this to the wrong list.

This is probably not the appropriate list, if you aren't using a
backported version of fuse, the kernel or the bootloader.

However, I think I might see your problem. The kernel you say you're
running:

3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.51-1
^^^^^^^^^^^^^               ^^^^^^^^
 kernel ABI              package version

is not the same as the kernel image you have installed:

> ii  linux-image-3. 3.2.63-2+deb amd64

That's truncated, unfortunately, but it clearly doesn't match 3.2.51-1.
If you ran dpkg-query -W 'linux-image-*' to get the full version number,
I suspect that it would say

linux-image-3.2.0-4-amd64	3.2.63-2+deb7u1
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
             kernel ABI         package version

(which is the latest version for wheezy at the moment).

The fuse kernel module is part of the linux-image-whatever package; so
when you modprobe fuse, you are trying to load a module designed for
version 3.2.63-2+deb7u1 into the older 3.2.51-1 kernel. It isn't
particularly surprising if that doesn't work.

The next question you should be looking into an answer for is, when you
reboot your computer, why is it using an outdated version of the kernel,
instead of the latest one you have installed? The answer to that
probably involves your bootloader.