Re: Backporting kate (at least 4.11.n) to Wheezy by a newbie?

Lisandro and Alejandro,

Thank you both very much!

I'm going to give up on any attempt to backport kate at this time, I think it would be a lost cause for me. I do intend to lurk on this list at least for a while and see what I can learn.

I will look into compiling kate on my wheezy machine in a separate directory as you (Alejandro) suggested.

My other hopes / possibilities:

* that Jessie is released soon as stable

* that I set up a system (or a virtual machine--something else I'd have to learn) for Debian testing

* maybe somebody else will backport kate, although that seems like a lot of effort for not very much return from my pov.

Thanks again!

Randy Kramer