Re: Sparkleshare unstable backport for wheezy

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Thiago F Macedo
<thiago@internetbudi.com.br> wrote:
> Hi Vincent
> thanks for your time.
>
> I'll set up a fixed package and publish it again.

Do you have a link to your updated package?

> I'm getting into package maintain right now so I appreciate the list
> patience.
>
> I commit to maintain the package and to deal with bugs if necessary.
>
> Honestly I'm not sure the current maintainer is very eager to develop the
> package upgrade path. This is a recent application which has several
> versions ahead that are very very important (as said by sparkleshare
> developer itself). The backport is still old, but fixed problems I was
> having in wheezy.

If you're preparing a backport for the sole purpose of fixing bugs in
the package in wheezy, please consider backporting whatever fixes are
required in the form of a stable update (refer to the Developers'
Reference, ch. 5.5.1 [1]). The backports ftpmasters generally frown
upon uploads to debian-backports that are nothing more than bugfix
uploads which should target stable instead, especially if the current
version in stable is broken.

Have you tried pinging the maintainer to see if they're still actively
working on the package? Please do so first, and if you don't get a
timely response, consider contacting the MIA team if you're interested
in adopting the package. [2]

Regards,
Vincent

[1] https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#upload-stable