Re: Sparkleshare unstable backport for wheezy

Hi Thiago,

First off, please send your mail to the list
(debian-backports@lists.debian.org), not to me in private.

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 8:59 AM, Thiago F Macedo
<thiago@internetbudi.com.br> wrote:
> Besides the package source (testing has the same version...) and the
> naming/version convention, I'm not so sure what has to be done.

You must also set the correct distribution (wheezy-backports) in
d/changelog. Aside from that, you should make sure that the package
builds cleanly in a pristine wheezy chroot (e.g. by using
pbuilder/cowbuilder/sbuild), and you should test the package on a
system running wheezy to make sure that it works.

Alternatively, you could just ask the current sparkleshare package
maintainer to see if they'd be willing to maintain the backport
themselves.

> Where to upload them, so? Yes I'm wiling to contribute.

It doesn't matter where...a debdiff, or any .dsc that's dget-able,
works fine for me. (The point I was trying to make earlier was that
you clearly didn't read the backports contribution rules prior to
asking for a review for your package.)

A few other questions that I usually ask before considering sponsoring
backports packages: are you willing to maintain this backport for
wheezy's entire lifespan, and deal with any bug reports against your
backported package? Those bug reports are supposed to come through
this mailing list, so you should also make sure that you're subscribed
to the list.

Regards,
Vincent