Re: open-vm-tools backport - supported kernel versions

* Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> [140516 10:38]:
> As the standard Wheezy kernel works well in VMware my plan is
> *not* to support backported kernel versions with the dkms modules.
> With current kernels they are only necessary if you want to use the
> old vmxnet module or want to use vmhgfs to share files. Running
> Debian will work well without these modules on recent VMware
> installations - shared folders won't work, though.

Just mailing to say I agree with you here; in my expierence VMware
file sharing works good with a Windows guest, but for Linux VMs
it's is usually easier + better to use any other tech, i.e.
scp, nfs or cifs.

--
 ,''`.  Christian Hofstaedtler <zeha@debian.org>
: :' :  Debian Developer