open-vm-tools backport - supported kernel versions

Hi,

I'm in progress to prepare a backport of open-vm-tools and the
dkms built kernel modules to Wheezy. Supporting the Wheezy kernel
and the backports kernel at the same time would be a lot of
additional work.
As the standard Wheezy kernel works well in VMware my plan is
*not* to support backported kernel versions with the dkms modules.
With current kernels they are only necessary if you want to use the
old vmxnet module or want to use vmhgfs to share files. Running
Debian will work well without these modules on recent VMware
installations - shared folders won't work, though.

If somebody has a good reason why a backported kernel with
open-vm modules is absolutely necessary please speak up now.
Otherwise I'll upload the package with support for the Wheezy
kernel only.

Cheers,

Bernd