Re: Backported an older version than unstable: qtcreator

El Dimarts, 6 de maig de 2014, a les 15:26:06, Alexander Wirt va escriure:
> On Tue, 06 May 2014, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > A Dimarts, 6 de maig de 2014, Alexander Wirt va escriure:
> > > On Tue, 06 May 2014, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,

> > done

> > environment

> > kfreebsd-

> > kfreebsd-

> > mipsel

> > i386

> > 2.5,

> > configuration in

> > or

> > > I already stated a few times that packages like that are not acceptable
> > > for
> > > backports. Longer reasoning can be found for example in the php5 thread.
> > > In
> > > short: those packages are not probable testable, updateable and so on.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I more or less understand the php5 issue, but this package has not
> > rdependencies, so no incompatibilities can image here.
>
> And if you find some bug in the backports version?

well, it uses a rock solid library as qt 4.8.x, the same that we use in
stable. I think I can maintain it because probably no important bugs will be.

However, if some important bug, of this specific piece of software that uses
the developers and has a popcon of  2.17% of installed packages and 	0.51%
of users, in the normal version, I think that I would be able to solve it.

If not, remove it.

> > Also, my question is, if I had done the package from testing (when it was
> > there) and then new version had entered in testing, the package had
> > disappeared from backports?
>
> No, its your task to update it.

So, we can have the casuistic of a backported package that the maintaner
doesn't upgrade and has no version is testing.

Well, I respect a lot whatever the responsible of debian team decide. I have
the backported done, but for local use. If you think that it could be in
backports, I work on the package to make it more clean and put it to mentors
searching an sponsor. If not, no problem, it's ok to me.

Best regards,

Leopold

Linux User 152692     PGP: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia