Re: Backported an older version than unstable: qtcreator

A Dimarts, 6 de maig de 2014, Alexander Wirt va escriure:
> On Tue, 06 May 2014, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I would like to explain a situation with a backported package that I have
done
> > for a local proposes: qtcreator.
> >
> > qtcreator now (May 2014) is a lightweight integrated development
environment
> > (IDE) developed with Qt. We have:
> >
> > - in wheezy (stable) (devel): 2.5.0-2: amd64 armel armhf i386 ia64
kfreebsd-
> > amd64 kfreebsd-i386 mips mipsel powerpc s390 s390x sparc
> >
> > - in jessie (testing) (devel): 3.0.1+dfsg-1: amd64 armel armhf i386
kfreebsd-
> > amd64 kfreebsd-i386 mips mipsel powerpc s390x
> >
> > -in sid (unstable) (devel): 3.0.1+dfsg+exp-4: amd64 hurd-i386 i386 mips
mipsel
> > powerpc ppc64 s390x sparc
> >
> > 3.0.1+dfsg-1 [debports]: alpha armel armhf hppa kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-
i386
> > powerpcspe
> > 2.8.1-3 [debports]: sh4 sparc64
> > 2.5.0-2 [debports]: x32
> >
> > version 3.x needs Qt5
> > version 2.x needs Qt4
> >
> > AFAIK checking the control files, if you want to backport it, you need to
> > backport qt5.
> >
> > In testing, last year we got version 2.8, that was the last one compatible
> > with qt4.8 (in wheezy).
> >
> > I did a backport using the 2.8 version (for amd64), and it was relatively
> > easy. I would like to push it to backports, but it doesn't follow the rule
> > about backported a package from Testing. Well, it was in testing.
> >
> > If the question is that if it's worthwhile to have it, because we have
2.5,
> > the answer is yes, it has some stupids bugs (not retain cmake
configuration in
> > a project, for instance) solved in this version.
> >
> > So, my question can I tried to ask to upload this package (sponsor needed)
or
> > simply, it doesn't follow the backport rules and it's not possible?
> I already stated a few times that packages like that are not acceptable for
> backports. Longer reasoning can be found for example in the php5 thread. In
> short: those packages are not probable testable, updateable and so on.

Hi,

I more or less understand the php5 issue, but this package has not
rdependencies, so no incompatibilities can image here.

Also, my question is, if I had done the package from testing (when it was
there) and then new version had entered in testing, the package had
disappeared from backports?

I mean, if I have the package A, version 1.1 in testing, I do a backport
1.1~bpo70 and then A have new version in testing 2.0 (from unstable, etc.
normal cycle), the backported version 1.1 is deleted?

Regards,

Leopold

Linux User 152692
Catalonia