Re: Help upload libfm_1.1.2.2-1~bpo70+1 and pcmanfm_1.1.2-1~bpo70+1, please.

    Hello!

Vincent Cheng has written on Friday, 14 February, at  1:19:
>On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 6:24 PM, Andrej N. Gritsenko <andrej@rep.kiev.ua> wrote:
>> The stable versions of libfm and pcmanfm are very wanted in the Debian
>> wheezy. People waiting for them since 2012 when versions with whole lot
>> of bugfixes were released by upstream. Those versions closed few tens of
>> bugs in the Debian BTS as well. I always wanted to get them into wheezy
>> and people asked me few times why it is not there. I am co-maintainer of
>> those packages in Debian but unfortunately I cannot upload anything into
>> Debian and only maintainer who can is extremely busy last months so I ask
>> help with uploading packages that are present in jessie right now into
>> wheezy-backports. The packages that are built in bootstrapped environment
>> for wheezy are on my local web server and there are links to .dsc files:
>>
>> http://www2.rep.kiev.ua/dnld/bpo70/libfm_1.1.2.2-1~bpo70+1.dsc

>Is it at all possible to fix those test failures instead of just
>skipping the test suite in d/rules? (unless the test suite itself is
>buggy?)

The problem is the debhelper in wheezy tries "make test" before "make
check". In jessie it does opposite, it's why it works in jessie. And
libfm upstream fails on "make test", that problem is fixed in current
upstream git but not in released stable versions and fix changes few
makefiles so it is not reasonable to create a big patch just for this
backport but better to just disable dh_test thing in it. That is also
done in the wheezy's current libfm package, BTW, so nothing new.

>> http://www2.rep.kiev.ua/dnld/bpo70/pcmanfm_1.1.2-1~bpo70+1.dsc

>This looks fine, but you've added an extra file (debian/pcmanfm.docs)
>which doesn't already exist in the version in testing (which should
>probably be removed from your backported package).

Ouch, mea culpa. Thas was leftover from current debian git tree for the
version 1.1.2-2 which is pending upload. Removed and replaced. Thank you
very much for noticing.

>> Tell me, please, what else I need to do to get them uploaded into the
>> wheezy-backports. I know, that should've be done long time ago but I had
>> hope that libfm 1.1.4-1 (with few more fixes) can make its way to jessie
>> but unfortunately it's prepared but still pending upload, so I want wait
>> no more and upload into wheezy-backports what we have in jessie because
>> the rules are rules and wheezy-backports cannot go ahead of jessie.

>If you need a sponsor to upload libfm to unstable, please send a RFS
>request to debian-mentors/sponsorship-requests and I'll take a look at
>it when I have time.

Thank you for the offer, I will consider that.

Is there still something I have to do for those backports to let them
reach wheezy?

>Regards,
>Vincent

With best regards,