Re: Help upload libfm_1.1.2.2-1~bpo70+1 and pcmanfm_1.1.2-1~bpo70+1, please.

Hi Andriy,

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 6:24 PM, Andrej N. Gritsenko <andrej@rep.kiev.ua> wrote:
>     Hello!
>
> The stable versions of libfm and pcmanfm are very wanted in the Debian
> wheezy. People waiting for them since 2012 when versions with whole lot
> of bugfixes were released by upstream. Those versions closed few tens of
> bugs in the Debian BTS as well. I always wanted to get them into wheezy
> and people asked me few times why it is not there. I am co-maintainer of
> those packages in Debian but unfortunately I cannot upload anything into
> Debian and only maintainer who can is extremely busy last months so I ask
> help with uploading packages that are present in jessie right now into
> wheezy-backports. The packages that are built in bootstrapped environment
> for wheezy are on my local web server and there are links to .dsc files:
>
> http://www2.rep.kiev.ua/dnld/bpo70/libfm_1.1.2.2-1~bpo70+1.dsc

Is it at all possible to fix those test failures instead of just
skipping the test suite in d/rules? (unless the test suite itself is
buggy?)

> http://www2.rep.kiev.ua/dnld/bpo70/pcmanfm_1.1.2-1~bpo70+1.dsc

This looks fine, but you've added an extra file (debian/pcmanfm.docs)
which doesn't already exist in the version in testing (which should
probably be removed from your backported package).

> Tell me, please, what else I need to do to get them uploaded into the
> wheezy-backports. I know, that should've be done long time ago but I had
> hope that libfm 1.1.4-1 (with few more fixes) can make its way to jessie
> but unfortunately it's prepared but still pending upload, so I want wait
> no more and upload into wheezy-backports what we have in jessie because
> the rules are rules and wheezy-backports cannot go ahead of jessie.

If you need a sponsor to upload libfm to unstable, please send a RFS
request to debian-mentors/sponsorship-requests and I'll take a look at
it when I have time.

Regards,
Vincent