Re: Installing owncloud from wheezy-backports

Hi Gunnar,

On Donnerstag, 10. Oktober 2013, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> upstream tarball? I perfectly understand we try to reduce code

> duplication in our main archive, but introducing i.e. five packages in

> Backports as a justification for not removing what upstream already

> provides (and knowing for sure nothing else in Stable depends on said

> library) is not such a clear gain for me.

Please, think of the kitten and put actual backports (=build from the same upstream tarballs^w^wdebian packages, just modified as needed for the backport) of whats in jessie into wheezy-backports!

It's good (not bad!) to have five more packages in backports, when they are clean and useful.

cheers,

Holger