Re: getting rid of the .changes requirements

Hi,

>>  Could you describe how it is painful or non-trivial? It isn't that I
>>  disagree with you, I just simply do not see it because it is quite
>>  easy for me to do and I'm curious to know in what situations that is
>>  difficult.
>
> While you're at it, how do you make it easy? :)
>
> I always build a .dsc using "gitpkg", and then build that in a clean
> environment, usually with "pbuilder-dist", "pbuilder", or
> "sbuild". (Alternatively, test it automatically with autopkgtest,
> piuparts and lintian)
>
> The "-v" flag for dpkg-buildpackage is a few abstraction layers away.
> Figuring out to get it there is the challenge. :)

If you use pbuilder:
$ sudo pbuilder --debbuildopts "-v${OLD_VER}" ...

Personally I use something like this:
    sudo time nice -n19 pdebuild --pbuilder cowbuilder \
                                 --buildresult "${TEST_DIR}" -- \
                                 --basepath "${BPO_BASEPATH}" \
                                 --debbuildopts "-v${BASIC_VER}" \
                                 > ${BUILD_LOG_FILE}