Re: getting rid of the .changes requirements

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 12:41:01PM -0400, micah wrote:
> Could you describe how it is painful or non-trivial? It isn't that I
> disagree with you, I just simply do not see it because it is quite
> easy for me to do and I'm curious to know in what situations that is
> difficult.

While you're at it, how do you make it easy? :)

I always build a .dsc using "gitpkg", and then build that in a clean
environment, usually with "pbuilder-dist", "pbuilder", or
"sbuild". (Alternatively, test it automatically with autopkgtest,
piuparts and lintian)

The "-v" flag for dpkg-buildpackage is a few abstraction layers away.
Figuring out to get it there is the challenge. :)

--
Stig