Re: Debian backport of mongodb?

Hi Dmitrijs,

On  Mo 25 Nov 2013 15:08:03 CET, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:

On 25 November 2013 13:36, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
On 11/24/2013 02:52 PM, László Böszörményi (GCS) wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Mike Gabriel
<mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
On  Di 12 Nov 2013 13:14:42 CET, László Böszörményi (GCS) wrote:
 The memory leak you experience can be the one fixed in 2.4.7 [4].
Without the mentioned Boost 1.54 fix, all 32 bits build of MongoDB
will fail. If that upload takes time, I may package MongoDB 2.4.8
making at least the other archs have it. Then that version should be
backported for Wheezy.
 As 2.4.8-2 was recently uploaded to Sid, I made a Wheezy backport[2].
I do not provide binaries and users should know that installing
packages outside the trust of Debian risk the security of their
systems. But if Mike confirms that the package is fine, I'll upload it
to wheezy-backports.

I recently also did my own backport from the recently uploaded Sid
package, and it works without modification, at the condition to also
backport:
- dh-systemd
- boost1.54
- boost-defaults

I also disrecommend that. MongoDB works with boost1.49 (as described below)=..

I believe if you revert this change in mongodb:
* Force use of TIME_UTC_ boost macro (Closes: #710639).

Yep.

You can use boost1.49 as provided in wheezy. Backporting boost1.54 is
very large & backporting boost-defaults will cause many packages to
break (or at least FTBFS).

That was my guessing as well when I earlier looked at boost1.54 in relation to wheezy-backporting.

I don't know if systemd integration is requested for the mongodb
backport or not. But I think dh-systemd backport can also be avoided,
if one simply drops that build-depends. Just a suggestion, no strong
opinion.

Ack.

All of the above without a single modification (just rebuilt in Wheezy).
Will you also upload these backports?

I strongly advice against boost1.54 and boost-default backports, in
particular because they also assume C'11 standard compliant eglibc
2.17+ (TIME_UTC is now declared).

Heard and agreed from my side.

Mike

--