Re: The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading

On 23/10/12 14:26, Berni Elbourn wrote:
On 23/10/12 13:10, Berni Elbourn wrote:
Occasionally - about 1 in 10 - opening https://twitter.com/ gives this page of text after a long delay:

The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Iceweasel is permitted to access the Web.

Refreshing the page quickly displays my twitter feed.

The reset happens in safe mode. And on windows 7 firefox 10.0.9 esr. There is no proxy here for https.

I don't recall experiencing the problem in previous versions. Is it possible to downgrade?

Berni

Huge thanks to Michael off-list. Using http://snapshot.debian.org/ I pulled in 10.0.7 from 30 September. It has same
problem. I am beginning to suspect it is just twitter. Difficult to pin this one down. Is it just me?

Yep. I seems it was just me. 10.0.9 is working fine today even with default user again .. just unlucky to be testing the latest versions yesterday.

Sorry for the noise :-)

Berni

--
"Confidence is what you have before you understand a problem" - Woody Allen