backport request

Hello. Thank you for Debian. It is truly fantastic and life changing. I'm certain that it can not be said enough, but you people are doing great work.

I would like to request a package to be added to Debian Stable Backports: mumble-server version 1.2.3 (or later). The reason that I'm requesting this is because v1.2.3 is the earliest version that allows multi-track recording. Multi-track recording is essential for making high quality recordings in mumble. If this is not the right way to request a backport, please let me know how I should do it instead.

Mumble has become very popular as a means of recording podcasts, interviews, meetings, virtual conferences, and other multi-user events meant for redistribution or archive. Versions of mumble prior to 1.2.3 can only record a single down-mixed track, which prevents finely detailed audio editing. As an example, I recently recorded an interview over mumble with Richard Stallman. I was unable to use my Debian server to host the conference call on my Debian Squeeze server, because the interview was intended for a podcast, and I had to edit it before publishing it. I was able to borrow time on a friend's server, but I would much rather have used my own, and would have liked to say that I did it on a Debian machine.

I'm not a coder, but if there is any way that I can help to run and test mumble-server on Squeeze, I would be happy to help.

--
Thank You,
Patrick Dailey

P.S. I recently heard that Debian bug reports have been on the decline, and that this is concerning to the Debian team. I'm happy to report that I have never experienced a bug in Debian Stable.