Re: Install dependencies automatically from backports.

* Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@deb.at> [2012-04-24 08:51:48 CEST]:
> * dE . <de.techno@gmail.com> [2012-04-24 05:23:48 CEST]:
> > # not working
> > Package: *
> > Pin: release o=Unofficial Multimedia Packages
> > Pin-Priority: -100
> >
> > Also another question which someone may like to answer is -- why am
> > I not able to disable the Debian multimedia repository with the
> > above preferences?
>
>  I'm uncertain how the parsing works, especially with respect to
> whitespace in the Origin line and if it might require quotes, but what
> stands out is your usage of a Pin-Priority of -100.  Have you actually
> read the manpage of apt_preferences?

 ... seems like I haven't read it myself properly %-)  So if you give
packages from d-m.o a negative priority, how would you want to install
packages from there then?  They will get removed again next time, won't
they?

 *pondering*
Rhonda