Re: Wheezy freeze and squeeze-backports-sloppy

* Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> [2012-07-12 17:57:46 CEST]:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 05:43:05PM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > I don't understand, we had sloppy for lenny and I thought we had consensus to
> > have it again for squeeze. Sloppy was announced some tim ago:
> > http://backports-master.debian.org/news/lenny-backports-sloppy_created/
>
> I wasn't very happy back then either. It was sort of rushed through in
> some private IRC pings about me setting it up on the wanna-build side.
> All I'm saying is if it would be possible to review the arguments,
> having had the experience for one cycle.

 The arguments why it is wanted (and to some degree needed) didn't
change since then.  There are still the two groups of people who expect
backports to be upgradeable to the next release _without_ backports, and
those who still want to have newer versions in _after_ the release.
Both are valid concerns, and both have their userbase.

> It's sad that we do not currently scale on the buildd side, but that's
> how it is.[1]
>
> (And it's likely to take a month until all buildds have implemented it,
> given the current speed of any buildd updates needing to take place.)

 Is there anything we can help with that?  (and, ouch :( )

 Enjoy,
Rhonda