Re: Backported luajit from wheezy to squeeze

On Tuesday 17 Jul 2012 12:41:00 Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Cyril!

> Sven Over <sven@last.fm> (17/07/2012):
> > I would like to backport the uwsgi packages to squeeze. The only build
> > dependency that cannot be satisfied from squeeze seems to be luajit,
> > which does not exist in squeeze.

> you may want to read this:
>   https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2012/07/msg00512.html
>   http://bugs.debian.org/681827

Ha, yes that is some relevant information.

With that knowledge, I withdraw the request to put my luajit package into
squeeze-backports. If it's removed from wheezy, there is little point in
having it backported to squeeze. I don't know what the reasons for the removal
are, but whatever they are, I guess they apply to squeeze-backports at least
as well as for wheezy.

Backporting uwsgi could still be a good thing, but then version 1.2.3+dfsg-2
should be the one. I am assuming that the unfreeze request will go through.

It's not that difficult, too: there's a little multiarch related path name
issue with openjdk packages. The other thing is that dh_python2 chokes because
of symlinks pointing to non-existing targets. (They'll be fine on the target
system because they are provided by one of the dependencies.)

I'm going ahead with this now. I'll post a link to my final dsc file, in case
that you guys think this is interesting for squeeze-backports.

Again, thanks very much.
Sven.

--
Sven Over // Data Scientist (MIR) // sven@last.fm // +44-7503-367453