Re: NVidia drivers and kernel 3.2.4

> I have tried to install the nvidia drivers but the module will not
> compile against the kernel currently in backports. I cannot really
> return to the standard kernel as it does not allow my sound card to work
> probably.
>
> Is there a fix for this problem?

Are you relying on dkms to compile the module for you? is this what is failing?

or are you using module-assistant? is this failing too?

I had trouble with a kernel 3.0.x kernel I compiled myself and getting
dkms to automatically build the module for me. However
module-assistant had no trouble.

When I reported this, lots of people told me that it worked for them
with the kernels in the backports repo (3.1 and 3.2). Make sure you
install headers, linux-libc-dev, initramfs-tools also from backports.

Hope this helps...I know it isn't much

Good luck

Andres