Re: NVidia drivers and kernel 3.2.4

On 27/02/12 20:33, Andres Cimmarusti wrote:
> Are you relying on dkms to compile the module for you? is this what is failing?
>
> or are you using module-assistant? is this failing too?
>
> I had trouble with a kernel 3.0.x kernel I compiled myself and getting
> dkms to automatically build the module for me. However
> module-assistant had no trouble.
>
> When I reported this, lots of people told me that it worked for them
> with the kernels in the backports repo (3.1 and 3.2). Make sure you
> install headers, linux-libc-dev, initramfs-tools also from backports.
>
> Hope this helps...I know it isn't much

It was enough to get me thinking... it turns out I hadn't enabled
non-free backports. Once I'd sorted that, it was pretty easy - though a
bit of a pain as it was a changeover from nouveau.

My TV card picture no longer gets distorted by window edges, so that is
better for a start. I hope nouveau improves enough one day, but this
will do for now.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-debian@tinsleyviaduct.com