Re: Backporting packages with different naming schemas in stable/testing

Hello,

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 06:10:42PM +0100, Iain Lane wrote:
> […]
> However, nothing will cause the removal of libghc6-csv-dev on upgrade.
> The dummy package could declare an appropriate >> Conflicts on
> libghc6-csv-dev, though. Would that work?

I just tried to do the backport. I have no idea what I meant by this
paragraph. I don't see how the backport can cause the renamed package to
be removed. Do you?

  Rename package libghc-csv-dev to libghc6-csv-dev
  Provide dummy package libghc-csv-dev for upgrades
  When upgrading squeeze → wheezy, remove libghc6-csv-dev

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney@debian.org ]