Re: Hello, I was wondering if I could contribute Source Package krb5.

On 05/11/11 09:56, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>         Hi!
>
> * Mike Mestnik <cheako@mikemestnik.net> [2011-05-11 16:26:21 CEST]:
>> I opened a report, but it was closed simply stating that "It's fixed in 1.9"
>>
>> 624710
>  Thanks for drawing attention to that bugreport. From reading it, ipv6
> support was added in 1.9, so I wonder: How does it work for you in lenny
> version? Because either Sam's response in the bugreport is flawed and
> there really is a regression, or your reasoning here is flawed because
> the lenny version shouldn't be able to work with ipv6?

The hosts involved are dual-stacked, as with most v6 deployments.  I'm
unsure if v6 was ever used for krb as either was enabled.  As for
services like SSH and IMAP they were only available on v6, v4 has too
many scans.

>> Later I discovered that general authentication was also effected, being I
>> can't log into anything at this point.  I didn't notice right away because
>> of the high turn around time on SSH and IMAP session.
>  If this really is a regression and all of these things worked in lenny
> then I guess it should be tried to get it fixed in squeeze, instead of
> providing a backport. If this on the other hand is a feature crucial to
> you which was added later (which still isn't completely clear to me)
> then a backport might be the proper approach indeed.

I'm not sure if this is a regression as much as it "could be" adding
partial support for v6 that's working just enough to break any v4/v6
configuration.