Re: Hello, I was wondering if I could contribute Source Package krb5.

        Hi!

* Mike Mestnik <cheako@mikemestnik.net> [2011-05-11 15:11:16 CEST]:
>   My Kerberos deployment is currently down and nonadministratable.
> There is a bug in the Wheeze version 1.8.3 that prevents this package from
> being any use to me.

 I think you mean squeeze version here, wheezy (currently in testing
state, development release for next stable version) has version 1.9.

> If the KDC has IPv6 enabled then the software get's confused in the
> most crucial places and is unable to function.  The Lenny version 1.6
> worked fine with v6 and v4.

 This sounds like a regression to me ...

> I was wondering what it would take to get the related packages
> into back-ports?

 If the issue is like you state, could you please file a bugreport about
it? This seems like a bug that should get addressed in squeeze directly
instead of working around with offering a backport that fixes the issue.
backports is a place for offering newer features in packages, not a
place for getting bugfixes for issues that are within the stable
releases.

 Can you kindly bring that up with the krb5 maintainers to track the
issue down and get it fixed in squeeze? That would be really
appreciated!

 Thanks in advance,
Rhonda