Re: Bits from the Lintian maintainers

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, Niels Thykier wrote:

> breaking some internal API/ABIs every now and then, the checks (if any)
> should probably go into Lintian for now.

Thanks!

>  Disable-Tags: missing-dependency-on-install-info,
>                out-of-date-standards-version,
>                ancient-standards-version

It’s not just about disabling, of course – rules state,
for example, to _not_ lower the Standards-Version when
doing a backport… while I know enough to do the casual
backports, I’m not feeling confident enough to write
down the entire set of rules. But having the offer from
you to accept it makes for a good beginning ;-)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
tarent solutions GmbH