Re: Please Backport Audacious

On 21/06/11 16:03, Cyril LAVIER wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 22:34:39 +0200, Cyril Lavier wrote:
On 06/19/2011 05:44 PM, Cyril Lavier wrote:
On 06/19/2011 04:14 PM, rent0n wrote:
On 16/06/11 17:47, Cyril Lavier wrote:
On 06/16/2011 05:47 PM, rent0n wrote:
Hello everyone,

Would anybody be interested in backporting 'audacious' and
'audacious-plugins' from testing to Squeeze?

I don't think Audacious needs any presentation, being one of the most
used and loved music players.
The testing version (2.4,4) brings some very nice improvements and
new
features over 2.3. Plus, it also fix some very annoying bugs.

Volunteers?

Thanks!

Hi.

For this purpose, I've added the Debian Multimedia Maintainers list,
maybe somebody will be available to fulfill your request.

Also, there is a 2.5.1 released mid may, and an alpha released few
days
ago. Maybe it will make more sense to wait until the 2.5.1 is uploaded
to testing to think about a backport. I also think the packaging
team is
focused on including the 3.0 release in testing.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for cc'ing the Debian Multimedia Maintainers list, I guess
there might be some folks interested in backporting Audacious there.

I see your point, waiting for 2.5 could make sense, but in my view
2.4 is already a big improvement over 2.3 and has the advantage of
being already in testing, ready to be backported.

So, if anyone's interested, please raise your hand, having 2.4 in
Squeeze would be great!

Thanks,

Hi.

If there is nobody from the Debian Multimedia Maintainers team which
is interested. I may fill the void, and try to do some work on the
backport.

Thanks.

Hi.

Here a first version, it works (I've tested it).

There's a lot of things to backport, so in the next days, I will try
to change audacious and audacious-plugins build dependencies to avoid
backporting so many packages. It also needs the libvpx backport which
I made for chromium.

http://www.davromaniak.eu/vrac/backports/audacious/

If anybody can test it or review it.

For testing it, you can use my repository :
http://ddb.davromaniak.eu/ (deb http://ddb.davromaniak.eu/
squeeze-backports main).

Thanks.
Hi again.

Today, I worked on cleaning these packages.

And apparently, I don't need to recompile barely the whole world to
backport audacious.

We just need the libmowgli, audacious and audacious-plugins packages.

I changed the versions needed for build dependencies on the
audacious-plugins package, and I didn't see any problems during
compilation and when testing the software.

So I've updated the folder :
http://www.davromaniak.eu/vrac/backports/audacious/

Thanks.

Hello Cyril,

I've been testing your package for a while and it works beautifully!
I haven't found a single issue so far, so I think it can be moved to the main backports repository.

Thank you very much for your work!

--
rent0n