Re: Please Backport Audacious

On 06/16/2011 05:47 PM, rent0n wrote:
Hello everyone,

Would anybody be interested in backporting 'audacious' and 'audacious-plugins' from testing to Squeeze?

I don't think Audacious needs any presentation, being one of the most used and loved music players. The testing version (2.4,4) brings some very nice improvements and new features over 2.3. Plus, it also fix some very annoying bugs.

Volunteers?

Thanks!

Hi.

For this purpose, I've added the Debian Multimedia Maintainers list, maybe somebody will be available to fulfill your request.

Also, there is a 2.5.1 released mid may, and an alpha released few days ago. Maybe it will make more sense to wait until the 2.5.1 is uploaded to testing to think about a backport. I also think the packaging team is focused on including the 3.0 release in testing.

Thanks.