Re: [ansgar@debian.org: Accepted clive 2.2.13-5+squeeze1 (source all)]

        Hi!

 Sorry for late response, being busy and it wasn't directly clear for us
what was meant here and actually how the new squeeze-updates suite works
(which is still pretty shady and not properly documented to be honest).

* Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de> [2011-03-07 21:31:05 CET]:
> is there already a policy in place for packages in squeeze-updates fixing
> bugs which are also present in lenny-backports?

 From what I understood updates to squeeze-updates will in the end
appear in the next point release, just like squeeze-proposed-updates
(what the actual difference here is eludes me). As such it is acceptable
to get them added to lenny-backports.

> ----- Forwarded message from Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@debian.org> -----
>  clive (2.2.13-5+squeeze1) stable; urgency=low
>  .
>    * Adapt for youtube.com changes. (Closes: #616575)
>      + new patch: 0001-Youtube-Fix-video-ID-parsing-10.patch
>    * debian/rules: Set CLIVE_CACHE when running tests to avoid build failure
>      when $HOME is not writable.
> ----- End forwarded message -----
>
> Should such things be fixed in lenny-backports at all?

 Of course, actually that thing has a very deep impact on the usability
of the package.

> When should such fixes be uploaded? When they're uploaded and accepted
> for stable or only when they're part of a point release?

 They can be uploaded before they are part of a point release in the
same sense as also security uploads can get added beforehand. As long as
there is this implied promise from the release-team and related roles
that such a package will flow into the next point release, and
especially, the impact for the required changes is that deep, by all
means, don't let doubts hold you back, we still have the manual
moderation queue through which we could discuss such things  :)

 Thanks for taking care of it,
Rhonda
--
"What are the differences between Mark Zuckerberg and me? I give private
 information on corporations to you for free, and I'm a villain.