Re: Missing Public Key instruction.

	Hi!

* Cedric Jeanneret <cedric.jeanneret@camptocamp.com> [2010-09-07 15:59:01 CEST]:
> On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 15:45:56 +0200
> Alexander Wirt <formorer@formorer.de> wrote:
> > No it isn't. We use the debian ftpmaster key which is already installed in
> > your system.
>
> It's strange, as while doing an "apt-get update" this night, apt
> complained about the missing key... installing the package mentionned
> in my previous post solved the problem

 Things are like this: The release files are double-signed, for the time
being with the official ftpmaster key but additionally with the old
backports key. It is actually a bug in apt to complain about the missing
key information because it has a valid signature already.

 This can be safely ignored and should go away within the next few weeks
when we turn off the double signature feature. It is so that people have
a transition period in case they don't have the offial ftpmaster key
installed, for whatever reason that might be.

 *Installing* a package from backports won't make apt complain though -
this is a clear sign that things are going smooth. It does only complain
on updating the package lists.

 Hope that helps and clears up the situation a bit!
Rhonda
--
"Lediglich 11 Prozent der Arbeitgeber sind der Meinung, dass jeder
Mensch auch ein Privatleben haben sollte."