Re: myth busting

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> Pretending that becoming a DD can take just few weeks IS a myth, simply

Well, no.

> because *in general*, DAMs are busy, AMs are busy, and creating your

In general, yes – but if you happen to know DAM, have an AM that has
engagement and wants to prove himself to stand for what he says before
becoming DPL, getting advocates is the thing taking the longest…

> Debian account can take up to a month alone.

… except that, yes.

> and in both case, you got to have a lot of motivations, packaging
> skills, knowledge of Debian and the DFSG, etc. I believe there are very

Uh, yes, it was very intensive and took a lot of work.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant