Re: How (not) to convert from 3.0 (quilt) to 1.0

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:46:32 +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:

> >>At minimum, if you don't want to use a patch system, you should
> >>additionally delete the .pc/ and debian/patches/ directories.
> >Removing all patches is also _not_ correct way to convert package for
> >backports.
> I was thinking the same thing, but got told, that the new source
> format also creates some empty quilt templates, even if you don't
> use any patches.

Hm? I've never seen anything like that with "3.0 (quilt)".
- If there are patches, they get applied.
- If there are direct changes to the upstream code, patches get
  created.
- If there's neither, nothing happens (except for .debian.tar.gz
  instead of .diff.gz etc.)
- And despite the name, quilt is not really involved.

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG Key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    A woman should have compassion.  -- Kirk, "Catspaw", stardate 3018.2