Re: empathy backports

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:24:32 +0100
Alexander Wirt <formorer@formorer.de> wrote:

> Andres Salomon schrieb am Freitag, den 30. Oktober 2009:
>
> > On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:59:34 -0400
> > Andres Salomon <dilinger@collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm uploading a backport of empathy.  It's very much a
> > > work-in-progress; there are newer version of dependencies that
> > > aren't in testing yet.  I plan to update the bpo as they migrate
> > > to testing, up until the point at which empathy 2.28 (and any
> > > deps necessary to make voice and video calls) is backported.
> > >

> > Packages are still stuck in NEW; they can be found here as well:
> > http://lunge.mit.edu/~dilinger/bpo/empathy/
> >
> > Note that telepathy-haze is broken w/ the version of libpurple
> > that's in lenny (see #553085).  I'll fix this w/ a new tp-haze
> > backport once more of the empathy-related packages escape NEW.  In
> > the meantime, installing the version of libpurple0 from
> > backports.org (rather than the version that's in lenny) will allow
> > it to work.
> And I'm not sure if I will accept them. There are too many more or
> less critical libs inside. Maybe I have time to test them all at the
> weekend.

I just had to explain to someone that they couldn't use these packages
because there were only .debs for i386 at the url above.  :(

If bpo has a policy of not accepting certain packages, it
would be good to have that policy published on the backports.org webpage
so that contributors don't waste their time backporting stuff that's
never to be accepted.