Re: Pidgin uninstallable
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Pidgin uninstallable
- From: Jason Tan Boon Teck <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:49:37 +0800
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20090926094614.GA6895@anguilla.debian.or.at>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090921065027.GW2633@quadriga.konqueror.de> <email@example.com> <20090922210804.GA26577@anguilla.debian.or.at> <20090926094614.GA6895@anguilla.debian.or.at>
I tried to install Pidgin from backports today but I faced the
depedency problems as highlighted a few months earlier. Has this been
resolved? Is there another way to install Pidgin properly?
On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Gerfried Fuchs <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> * Gerfried Fuchs <email@example.com> [2009-09-22 23:08:04 CEST]:
>> First of all, right ahead: SORRY for this serious mistake of mine.
>> Somehow I puzzled my chroots in which I did build the package and thus
>> didn't notice the new build-dependency through that which is
>> unsatisfyable for backports. In the events of that I left the digital
>> world for a vacation and just returned to find out about this..
>> I'm terribly sorry and will try to get that fixed soonish.
> And there it is:
> It has voice/video disabled and thus doesn't need libgstfarsight
> anymore - I'm trying to reach the buildd admins to remove that wrong
> So long, and again, sorry for my mistake, hope the package can get
> built soonish for your preferred architecture!
Jason Tan Boon Teck
"I do not wish to realise when I die, that I had not lived ... Carpe diem."