Re: lenny-backport of hostapd?

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 01:17:12PM +0100, Pete van der Spoel wrote:
> What can I do to help get a lenny-backport of the squeeze version of
> hostapd? This is needed to enable support for more wireless cards in
> master mode (for use as an access point). I spent hours last night
> trying to make a backport of my own but failed to feed pbuilder with the
> dependencies, see latest comments on
> http://justimho.blogspot.com/2009/10/building-15w-debian-gnulinux-system
> .html

I installed hostapd from sid directly onto lenny recently. No rebuilding
needed and it didn't pull in any other sid-only packages, I *think* (if
so only one - I was also installing a 2.6.32 kernel from sid). I've
been doing similar things with a Via Eden system recently, but so far
haven't been able to get the wireless working reliably :(