Bug in openoffice.org-1:3.1.1-1~bpo50+1 - bullets not working below the 1st level

Hello. I am writing you to report a bug I have found in openoffice.org lenny backport (or at least I think so).

When you click on the "bullets" button, a black dot is shown as a bullet, and the "Bullets and Numbering" toolbar appears. If you click on the arrow pointing to the right ("Demote one level"), then the whole line should move right, and the bullet should change to a white dot by default. But actually there is no bullet, the line just moves right and bullet disappears.

If you try to configure the bullets, the font defaults to Bitstream Vera (Bullets and numbering > Options > Character), but AFAIK it should be Opensymbol. I think that's why the bullets are not shown.

First time I noticed this bug, I had not upgraded the package "ttf-opensymbol" from th 2.4 version shipped with lenny. But after upgrading it to 3.1.1-1~bpo50+1, the problem persists. I have tried with a whole new user, but it is the same.

Is it  bug, or is it something I haave wrong on my computer?

Anyway, thanks for the good job you are doing. Best regards,
Juan.